Wednesday, August 13, 2014
Pineapple Party
Hello I've got my first scrapbook page from our trip to the Dominican Republic. I started this one on the weekend and finished it today. Sorry if the lighting isn't too good today it's raining and grey so hopefully it will come out ok. I scrapped these photos of the Pineapple Party the resort held we had a good time and got a "mocktail" to drink in the pineapple shell. I started with some glittered yellow card then a sheet of tropical flower paper which I think was from an old DCWV Summer stack. The orange was from the same stack and cut in a sun shape from my Cricut Explore library. The Pineapple part of the font was cut from Everyday fonts and the party was from Simply Charmed. I cut a label from Art Philosophy but used my Cricut markers to write on it with my Explore for my journalling. The brad is from my stash. The pineapple drink is from Life's a Beach. The flowers are wood veneer flowers from a little Recollections set I got on clearance at Michaels. I learned something new from a blog I follow, which is Jennifer McGuire's blog for the red flower. I inked all over it in red pigment ink until there was plenty of red on it, then I got some clear sparkle embossing powder and put that all over the top and heat set it with the heat gun it came out all sparkly, I love the look of it. For the yellow flower I just used a yellow marker and a yellow enamel dot in the middle. I hope to do some pages from this trip soon but next on the agenda is Greg's anniversary card, so look for that next, have a nice day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
wonderful theme on a wonderful day in paradise! page looks great especially the pineapple!! love hubby! xoxoxo
ReplyDeletelovely first page of your holiday Lindsey very colourful , the little pinapple with its umberellas is so cute I particularly like the wood veneer flowers .and the sparkel you've added to the flower. xxx mom xxxx
ReplyDeleteA very interesting page along with the pineapple theme. Lovely and colourfull and a lot of thought put into this page, Lesley
ReplyDelete