

Hello Happy Saturday, I started this card during the week but could only finish it today as I had to get a Staz-On Ink pad from Michaels to finish this. Staz-On is an ink pad that will work on acetate. I made an anniversary card for my Aunty and Uncle who we will be visiting in the U.K in October and their anniversary is near ours so I will be taking this with us. I saw a great idea in the latest issue of Papercrafts Inspirations which is a U.K magazine that I subscribe to digitally. It had an idea for a peek-a-boo slider card so I wanted to have a go. My gorgeous hubby helped me with this as it was my first one and it took a bit of working out. I cut a card that was 12 x 4.5 and scored it down the middle. The layer on top was cut on my Cricut, it's a whole card but has a window on the top layer. I then got a separate piece of white card and used my Cricut to write my greeting. I love that the Cricut Explore writes, you can write whatever greeting you want at whatever size you want. I then stamped my image, the flower is from an old Inkadinkado set I got. I colored my flowers in with colored pencils and then used mineral spirits on top. I then used my Staz-On to stamp onto the acetate. The acetate is then stuck to the window part and the white stamped image is stuck to the back.I used a circle punch to cut the half moon shape. A then separate piece of white is cut and I punched a hole and set it with an eyelet and tied some ribbon through it to form a pull tab. So as you can see, at the start it looks like a very plain card but as soon as you pull the tab it reveals a pretty colored flower and greeting. Thanks for looking and Happy Saturday.
It looks a very pretty card, but at the same time when reading how you made it sounds very complicated, full marks for having a go. Lesley
ReplyDeletebeautiful card Lindsey and so intricate it's perfectly made and so special, love the idea of the slider card , you and greg make such a great team love it xxx mom xxx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful and fun card! I've been wanting to learn how to use my pens to write. Is there a video(s) you can recommend? <3Kimberly
ReplyDeletebrilliant card, takes a plain look and makes it spectacular when the color is revealed.! love hubby xoxox
ReplyDelete