Wednesday, May 28, 2014
Teatowels using the Cricut Explore
Hello again I have had a try at something different tonight. Greg was busy doing some designing on our future house so whilst he was doing that I thought I would try out a home decor project using my Cricut Explore. I went to Joann's on Saturday and got some fabric and some heat transfer paper. I ironed my fabric onto one side and then used my Cricut to cut out 2 designs, I then peeled off the other layer of paper and adhered to my teatowel, I then ironed it again to bond it. I think they turned out very cute don't you? The Eat Up saying was actually from Baby Steps cartridge (I don't have this cartridge but I could access it from the library), the cutlery was from "From my kitchen" (again I don't have this but was able to access it). I had to practice a lot and I wasted some fabric and the heat transfer paper but it was not expensive. The tea towels were not expensive either they were cheapies from Target so we'll see how they stand up in the washing machine and how my bonded images go but I think they will be ok. I did notice too that the larger and less intricate the image the better when it's cutting out. Some of the areas of the cutlery didn't cut properly but that was easily fixed just with a craft knife. Greg loved them, hope you like them too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Very clever idea Lindsey and so unique you've done a great job you're getting so much fun out of your new "toy". xxx mom xxx
ReplyDeleteThey look good and if you buttonhole around the cutouts with needle and thread they will last forever ( just a tip ) Lesley
ReplyDeletelovely work honey! glad you like you're new toy! love hubby!! xoxox
ReplyDeleteThat looks great!
ReplyDeleteWell done!!!!