Saturday, May 24, 2014

Fathers Day card/gift card holder

Hello everyone Happy Friday, we have a long weekend coming up here and the weather is meant to be warm and sunny so looking forward to that with Greg.
I made this for Greg's dad as we normally do a gift card for Greg's dad so I thought a card and gift card holder in one might be good. Fathers Day isn't till September in Australia but I saw all the Fathers Day cards in Target yesterday and it prompted me to make this one and any excuse to play with my new Cricut : ).

I saw an idea for a holder online and I showed Greg and he gave me an idea for another spin on it and I love this idea much better (thanks hubby!). I started with a blue card from my stash, then in the Design Space I chose a rectangle and cut that in blue. I inked around the edges with blue distress ink. I then was looking for a pocket in the image library but couldn't find one so I searched under banner and found one that looked like a pocket. This was from "Something to Celebrate" and I then made it my custom size. I stamped Happy Fathers Day using a Verve stamp. I then went looking for a tie and collar, I couldn't find a pair I liked so I used two different images and split them up. The collar came from Tags Bags Boxes & More and the tie was from Simply Charmed. I cut these from scraps in my box. I then scored just near the top of the tie near the tie knot so the tie actually lifts up so you can get the gift card out, a nice idea isn't it? I then added some faux stitching around the pocket with a white gel pen. I hope Greg's dad likes his card and gift holder in one.

I'm going to Joann's on the weekend to get a few things to have a play with my Cricut next week, getting some fabric and iron on heat transfer fabric to make something..so watch this space.

Have a nice weekend.


4 comments:

  1. You are having a wonderful time with your cricut and creating some very wonderful ideas.The gift card is a great idea and I am sure John will love it. I always have to print comments twice as first time when I click on publish the comment box goes blank and I am wondering if others who comment have the same trouble. Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card honey, what a team we make! Awesome job! Love Hubby!! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new "toy"is certainly bringing out all your great creativity.
    John will really like this card Lindsey the tie is so perfect and very clever.
    Xxxx mom xxxx

    ReplyDelete