Friday, May 23, 2014

Adorable Ivy

Hello I've now made my first page with my Cricut Explore and I'm delighted with it. I did some pre designing of the pages recently it helped keep me happy whilst Greg was away and I can now just go and cut them out as they are already designed in the Cricut Design Space. I am making a mini album on Ivy and this is the first page of it when she was a teeny tiny pup. Isn't she adorable? I started with an 8x8 red cardstock background then a slightly smaller grey hearts background.

Now as I've mentioned before I have access to lots and lots of images with the Cricut Explore so i may not remember where they are all from but I will try. I am not sure which original cartridge the scalloped rectangles were from, but I cut one in red and one in green. For the Title this was from The First Few Years cartridge and this was in a green shadow then a striped layer. The little flag at the top was cut from Small Talk and Frames. For the "Ivy" title at the bottom, this was actually a font I got from a font website and imported it into the Design Space so yes you can import your own fonts as well and this was perfect as I specifically wanted a paw print title. I cut this in grey and it turned out cute. I hope you like my first page, I have to go now and see the star of my scrapbook page today, I will be sure to tell her all about it : ).

5 comments:

  1. adorable page just like miss ivy! glad you are enjoying you're new toy!!! love hubby! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've mastered the Explore already! Greg is awesome to do this for you. Can't wait to see more!<3Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another cute page of Ivy as a puppy, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ivy was and still is a gorgeous dog this page is so sweet I love the photo's and the little "ivy" paw prints xxx mom xxx

    ReplyDelete