Friday, May 23, 2014

First card done with my new Cricut Explore


Hello Happy Thursday I am really excited today to bring you my first card using the fabulous Cricut Explore. I have only just started using it so still learning but it does so much and I"m looking forward to making lots of papercrafts and maybe some home decor as well.
I made this card for a challenge. I follow a lady on YouTube with her crafting video's and she set a challenge with a giveaway to make a birthday card for her son. I thought I would enter, you never know I might win : ). She said her son likes skateboarding so I chose that theme. I now have 1000's of images to choose from in the Cricut library, not just what is on my cartridges. So If I don't have the cartridge I can still choose from the Cricut library, it's fabulous! I chose the card for it's unusual shape, this was from Life's a Party. The Celebrate title was part of the card. The ovals were from Art Philosophy. The skateboarder came up when I did a search on it, it's from the "Dude" cartridge. I am totally amazed at how the Cricut can cut such fine intricate cuts. Each layer is clearly displayed so you know what to cut. There were lots of layers in this cut. I think the skateboarder turned out great. For the inside I cut an oval. Another great feature of the Explore is that you can write with it using the markers. So I chose a font and used my copper metallic pen and the Cricut wrote it for me, how cool is that? Thanks for looking today, I hope to start a scrapbook page next.

4 comments:

  1. Great card, very detailed, so happy you love your birthday present! love hubby! xoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love shape cards! You really are workin' that Explore! Way to go! <3Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck for the competition and the card looks great, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great detail in this card Lindsey and such a good shape and colors Hope you win the competition xxx mom xxx

    ReplyDelete