Hello everyone happy Tuesday, it's a nice sunny day here and we're going to get up into the mid-high 20s (celcius) this week, we are really looking forward to that after a slow start to Spring.
I made a card today for my friend Sarah in the U.K, she was very kind enough to remember my birthday and send me a card, so I thought I would make her an anniversary card for her first wedding anniversary coming up in a couple of weeks. This is my "what has old has become new again card" I tried out something new with this one. The card was a pre made A2 size card then I added a layer of script paper I had in my stash. I'll get to the background part in a moment. I used a strip of vellum (I'm glad vellum has made a comeback) and stamped using Versamark ink then embossing with silver embossing powder for my sentiment. I added a heart sticker that my friend Christina sent me for my birthday I added some more 3D dots to make it pop up. I then wanted to use some silver borders because also my vellum was buckling a little from the embossing and also because you can't use glue under vellum as it shows there was a gap so I fixed this with some silver borders I have had for a long, long time in my stash. I'm one for not following trends so much I just love to use what I have and if it fits it fits, I enjoy "shopping in my craft cupboard lol".
So for the background, I saw a technique using acrylic paint. So I started with some white card and then I embossed it with my Darice hearts folder through my Cuttlebug. I then got some Martha Stewart acrylic paints I had in my stash I mixed blue and silver glitter paint together then painted the entire piece. I let it dry whist I went and walked Ivy,. I then got my sanding block and sanded away, this gets rid of some of the paint around the hearts. You can do as little or much as you like. I liked how this looked, a bit distressed but modern. I also have another use for my acrylic paints : ) Thanks for looking today.
It's perfect! That heart embellishment is gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteA very pretty card, I like the distress look. Your friend should love it. Lesley
ReplyDeleteveryi really like thedsey the heart is beautiful and I really like the vellum is lovely , xxx mom xxx
ReplyDelete