Friday, May 31, 2013

Chalkboard teapots

Hi Everyone, I have a different project for you today, I saw an idea for these on the internet and thought I would like to try my own, I found some MDF teapots on Ebay and wanted to make them chalkboard so they could be used in the kitchen to write lists or messages. I thought I would make them for gifts, I think they turned out so cute. I painted the teapot in Chalkboard paint then used scraps of scrapbook paper and card for the spout, top and handle, I used Mod Podge to stick this on and then glazed over it with Mod Podge. Greg drilled a hole for me in the top and I threaded some ribbon on. A magnet is on the back too in case it goes on the fridge or it could be hung up in the kitchen. Hope you like my little chalkboard teapot message boards.

4 comments:

  1. So very handy and cute and I do like the idea, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. very creative sweetheart, they will make great gift ideas! love hubby! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a novel idea Lindsey and so handy so much better than sticky notes on the fridge. They would make lovely gifts for people, (hhmm wonder who) L.O.L. xxx mom xxx

    ReplyDelete