Friday, May 10, 2013
Watercolor card
Hi Everyone, I've got a really nice card that I am quite proud of to show you today. I had some time in between seeing my dogs so I thought I'd play with some new toys. I got a great little set of watercolor paints at Marshalls last week from Inkadinkado for only $5 so I was looking forward to trying them out. I was also looking forward to trying out a present that Greg bought me for my birthday it's a Fiskars stamp wheel and it's like a little roller that come with special stamps.So I got some watercolor paper and then rolled the stamp all over a panel. I put this on some hot pink card then onto a blue card. I then got to work with the coloring. I coloured in the small details with my marker pens but for the flowers and the background I used the paints, they are really nice and shimmery, I was thrilled with how it looked and my lovely Greg thought so too. I cut a frame from Art Philosophy and did some faux stitching in white gel pen around it. I stamped a greeting and then cut a butterfly from my Stamping Cartridge. I'll probably give this one to my friend Melanie for her birthday in November as I know she will appreciate the time and effort gone into it and I think it's quite suited to her too. Ther is a bit of a shadow on the bottom right it's not in the card, the weather has turned stormy so my light wasn't great, but I wanted to show this off : )Thanks for looking
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The card has turned out so pretty with the flowers you have added to the card and coloured with your new water colours. Techniques are so advanced these days and you are keeping up with them all, congratulations on a beautiful card, Lesley
ReplyDeleteThats one of the your best cards ever! love the colored background, looks amazing! love hubby! xoxox
ReplyDeleteThe colors you've used on this card are so pretty Lindsey, all the different elements you've used are beautiful and I love the faux stitching on the frame sentiment. Well done a really lovely card. xxx mom xxxx
ReplyDelete