Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Teddy Santa for Hubby

I made this card today for my dear hubby Greg for Christmas. I am really happy with how it turned out. I used a red card cut on my Cricut and then 3 patterned layers . I cut a green scalloped rectangle from Art Philosophy and then the teddy bear was cut from the Teddy Bear Parade cartridge. I love this catridge because I love teddy bears! I cut out all of the layers for the bear then instead of using the face that comes on the bear in the catridge I used a PK face stamp instead and I love it. I used some liquid applique for the "fur" around the Santa suit and heated it with my heat gun to make it fluff up. I added rub on's for part of the title and I knew I had the "best gift ever" sticker in my stash so it went perfect. Instead of the little gift that came with the bear I used an epoxy sticker from my stash. I know Greg will love it as the bear looks a bit like Chockie bear bringing a gift for him : ) Thanks for looking.

3 comments:

  1. Lindsey I love the teddy santa he is so bright and colourful and different and Greg will love this card,Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see Gregs face when he opens this card it's gorgeous I really like the face on the teddy and the "appliqued" fur is so clever and looks like real fur
    hope Chockie doesn't get too jealous of his competeition L.O.L. xxx mom xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute and love the fur on your teddy bear! Hubby will adore it!
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete