Saturday, September 20, 2014

Pop Up Christmas Card


Hello Happy Friday it's a lovely sunny day here nice to have the windows open and the sunlight pouring in. We had a nice time with Ivy in the park today, me and my lovely hubby, gorgeous Ivy and enjoying simple things. I'm happy and grateful for those things as there is so much nastiness and horrible things going on in the world it's good to think of happy things.

Anyway I got my new Close to my Heart Artfully Sent cartridge and stamps yesterday and I was really excited to try it out, there are some wonderful cards on there as well as pocket cards and slider cards. I decided to make a Christmas card for my Aunt and Uncle in England who we will be visiting in just over a week, getting very exciting. It's all done on the Cricut Explore with the cutting and scoring. For the front it already cut out the greeting and then I added a white layer and a scrap of red snowflake paper from my stash. The wreath is from Celebrate with Flourish and I added some red glitter glue for the holly. On the inside the reindeer was part of the card and cut out and just glued on the bottom so he pops up when the card is opened. The label is also part of the card and I used some of the stamps that came with the set and embossed it with Versamark ink and white embossing powder and heat set. It turned out lovely and I'm excited to try more and also use the pockets in my scrapbooking. Have a nice weekend.

4 comments:

  1. fantastic xmas card honey, very unique and clever, love hubby! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous card Lindey and so creative with the pop up reindeer and the little wreath is very pretty love it mom xxxx
    The simple things in life are what matters most Lindsey and people like you and Greg make it even better xxxmom xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very lovely bright Christmas card, I love the wreath on the front, I like the stand up style card and deer as well, very well done, Lesley.

    ReplyDelete