Monday, February 3, 2014

Homemade body butter

Hello this is not not really craft related but it is homemade, I decided the other day to make my own body butter as although I use as many natural products as I can, not everything you buy in the shop is 100% natural and sometimes body butters can be expensive, so I found a great recipe here. So I ordered some bulk butters and jars from a place on the internet and then added some drops of lavender oil I had at home. It turned out great and made 2 8oz jars and I still have plenty of raw items to make more so I might make some as gifts too and pretty up the jars a bit. I tried it on my hands and it's lovely, it's slightly oiler than normal but once it sinks in it's great, I found it great for the cracks and splits I'm getting on my fingers at the moment too and best of all it's 100% natural! So I don't mind taking the time and effort to make my own. Maybe you'll be inspired to try some too, thanks for looking.

4 comments:

  1. great idea, better than all that chemical crap! turned out great. love hubby! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea Lindsey and far better for your skin than anything you can buy. I'm sure anyone would be so happy ot recieve some as a gift (wink wink) xxx mom xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's great!! Have you tried it yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks good and I will take your word for it that it is good, Lesley.

    ReplyDelete