Thursday, September 27, 2012

Simple Christmas card

Hello this is a card I made yesterday, it's more of a simple card. I decided this year to make simple cards using less bulky embellishments to send to people other than family or close friends, it's also cheaper on postage and I feel that if they get thrown out or even if I don't get a "thank you" it doesn't matter as much. So this one I used Art Philosophy to cut a 4.5 x 4.5 card in red with the holly cut out of it. I put some green card behind the aperture and then used red glitter stickles to fill in the berries on the holly. I cut a scalloped circle at 2.5 inches from Art Philosophy and stamped Noel. I then used Joys of the Season to cut a wreath at 2 inches and then outlined some of the wreath in green stickles.

5 comments:

  1. Simple, but so effective! What a grand holiday card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsey you said it was very simple but it is still well done and certainly catches the eye. I like it, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's a case of "less is more" Lindsey I like this card and it says Christmas in a very nice simple way love mom xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect for those who don't appreciate the effort in your regular cards! Looks great Honey! Love Hubby!! xoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  5. This turned out really great. Each year I try to do a simpler card to mass produce for my general cards and find I am really rubbish at it!! I find it hard to stop at simple and simple really works!!lol
    jayne x

    ReplyDelete