Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Autumn napkin rings

Hello Happy Monday. My blog is normally about papercrafts but I thought I would show you another project I've done recently. I'm making some Autumn decorations for our table when our friends visit from Germany. I wanted to make some napkin rings so Greg and I were looking around Michaels and found some unfinished wood napkin rings for only 80 cents each. So I got 4 of these and painted them with some Martha Stewart orange paint. I did a couple of coats and then finished it with some of her glaze to seal it and make it shiny. I originally found some pinecones in the $1 bin at Michaels but they were too big and didn't look right so yesterday my lovely husband and I were at Michaels and Greg saw these lovely paper butterflies which only 67 cents each. They were the perfect size and colour so we got these and this morning I took the clips off the back and then hot glued them to my napkin ring. I am so pleased with how they turned out, can't wait to set the table with them : ) It just shows you don't have to go out and pay a lot for pretty things, with a little bit of handiwork and some nice products you can make something lovely.

4 comments:

  1. Your napkin rings are so pretty.You can't beat personalised.Your table will look lovely.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. these will be a beautiful addition to your Autumn table Lindsey very pretty and creative your guests will be very impressed with all your craetive ideas. love mom xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsey it is true you don't have to spend a fortune on expensive table decorations when you can enhance the table with your lovely creations put together by you. Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply beautiful honey! They will look terrific! Love Hubby! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete