Thursday, September 6, 2012

Born To Ride

Hello I have started scrapbooking our recent Californian holiday photos. I still have to finish last Christmas but some of the photos I want to scrapbook need fixing as they were out of focus so my lovely Greg is looking into that for me, so in the meantime I thought I would start on these as I'm excited to do them as it was all very exciting and a lovely time for us. I was going to start in order in San Francisco but decided what the heck and just do what I feel like, so as I loved tandem biking with Greg along Venice Beach in Los Angeles I decided to do this. Greg took a great panoramic photo of Venice beach and I just love this one of us on the bike. I used a nice subtle diagnol stripe paper for the background and some cute heart paper along the bottom. I had some big palm tree stickers in my stash which went perfect on the side as well as a sun. I put some ribbon along the join and used Artiste to cut out my font in the Cricut Craft Room. I knew I had a cute tandem bike on my Sweethearts cartridge so I cut that out in grey and just went over some of the parts of the bike in glitter gel pen. I added a strip of journaling along the bottom to finish!

4 comments:

  1. You always add the perfect accents! Love that bike! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it great, it doesn't matter how long it is since you have ridden a bike you just never forget. All very well thought out and the colours are blended so well together. Another great page of your marvelleous holiday. Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fabulous memory of your holiday and the panoramic photo is excellent.Togetherness on a tandem bike what could be better and so much fun.The palm tree and the bike add a very whimsical touch to a lovely page . mom xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fun page of such a fun day, great memories captured forever!! Love Hubby! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete