Saturday, September 22, 2012
Autumn candle
Hello everyone hope your Friday is going well. Here is a project I've been working on. We have our friends Conny and Sebastian coming to visit us in October and we're going to have dinner with them at our apartment so I'm busy doing some nice Autumn themed decorations for our table. This is one of the candles, I'm working on the other one, just waiting on an item for Ebay to arrive before I can finish it. Greg and I found these lovely candles at Marshalls, and they are great for decorating. This particular one is a vanilla and cinammon scented one. I took the label off and then got into my papercrafting supplies. I used a really pretty piece of red and white autumn inspired patterned paper cut into a strip 8cm wide. Then I layered on some brown cardstock. My lovely Greg lets me use his Cricut Cake cartridges for my papercrafting and the Martha Stewart Holiday Cakes one had a beautiful leaf border on it. So I put it into the Cricut Craft room and made it 12 inches long to fit around the candle. I cut this in a light brown and then used a silver gel pen to add leaf veins on them. I then used my Create a Critter catridge to cut out a little pumpkin and pinecone and used my Peachy Keen face stamps to stamp on the faces, aren't they cute? I used white gel pen to accent them. I hot glued these on and finished with a red bow.I'm also going to enter this candle into a challenge this week over at Peachy Keen stamps, which you can find here:
http://peachykeenstampschallenge.blogspot.com/
Hope you like my candle!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That candle looks so festive! :)
ReplyDeleteYour candle is so pretty.The veins on the leaaves look fab and the PK faces are so cute.
ReplyDeleteJayne x
I can see how much thought has gone into this candle Lindsey, I love the pumpkin and the Autumn leaves your apatrtment will have a beautiful aroma when you light the candle . love it mom xxx
ReplyDeleteVery nice and the shape is perfect to decorate, Connie's face will light up when she see's how much you can dress up a table, Lesley
ReplyDeleteCute candle! Love the pumpkin and acorn and your choice of papers!
ReplyDeleteVery cute! So glad you could play along at PKS!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful candle honey, love the faces!! Love Hubby! xoxox
ReplyDeleteLove it Lindsey! I love decorating for fall! Thanks for playing along with us at PKS! Hugs, Leanne
ReplyDeleteLove the shape of your candle. This will look great on your holiday table. Thanks for sharing at Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge this week.
ReplyDeleteLyndsey this is so great! I LOVE the colors of that candle. SO beautiful. Thank you so much for playing along with us this week at Peachy keen. ;)
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Raven
Darling work! LOVE the fall theme! So glad you joined us this week at Peachy Keen!
ReplyDeletehousesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com
Your candle turned out beautiful! Thank you so much for playing along with us over on Peachy Keen Challenge Blog!!
ReplyDeleteYour candle turned out beautiful! Thank you so much for joining us over on the Peachy Keen Challenge Blog this week!!
ReplyDelete