Tuesday, July 31, 2012

It's hard to be so good

Hello Happy Monday!! Today I've finished a page I started last week on the Vienna Christmas market. I just love this picture of Greg eating his Linzer Shortbread and me at the tea shop in the market, so many wonderful treats that we decided to enjoy some of them after all it was a once in a lifetime opportunity to visit one of many wonderful Christmas markets so we enjoyed sampling the Viennese fare.
So onto the page, I started with sage green cardstock then a really nice piece of Basic Grey Nordic Holiday paper I have been keeping for a while, It was actually a double sided sheet so you are seeing both sides here - both the spotted and the cute Christmas print. I added some borders from a stack I've got in my stash and did my journaling along a straight line in Publisher. I had a sheet of die cuts I bought ages ago and I loved the one that said "It's hard to be so good" as I thought it was perfect as Greg and I are so good all year with our diets and don't eat treats but this time was an exception! I cut a little gingerbread man from my "Just because cards" cartridge and used brads for his buttons and stamped with a Peachy Keen face stamp accented with white gel pen on his face and the little squiggly bits on his arms and legs.

5 comments:

  1. This a very different page to your usual set up, the three photos on top then the embellishments. The gingerbread man is cute also.Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely page, nice to see different layouts, love the papers and gingerbread man! hmmmm gingerbread..... love hubby! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photo's Lindsey, the heading is just perfect,The gingerbread men would have been a big temptation for me as I love gingerbread.love it well done mom xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your layout and piccies.The gingerbread man is a perfect addition.
    Jayne x
    Liked your aperture card too...couldn't find a way to comment on it though :(

    ReplyDelete