Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Sunburst style snowman

Here is a card I started last week and finished today. I have been looking forward to being able to try out the  "sunburst" style on a card, I've been inspired a lot by it on Pinterest so I thought I'd give it a go and I'm quite pleased! I started with a precut blue card and matted on some lighter blue cardstock. In the Cricut Craft Room I used George and Basic Shapes to squash some triangles into more of a pennant shape but you could use a pennant shape off other cartridges. I cut these out in various wintery/blue themed papers and layered them around the card. It takes a little planning to get the design right. I used Art Philosophy to cut out some scalloped circles one at 2.75 inches in navy and one at 2.25 inches in white. I used an Inkindinkado set of stamps Greg bought me last year for the cute snowman. He was stamped in black and coloured with glitter gel pens and my markers. I used some liquid pears for the black buttons on the snowman. To finish I added a joy sentiment from the set of Close to My Heart stamps that came with my Art Philosophy bundle. I'm going to enter this in the Cards TV "Christmas in July" challenge, you can check that out below:
http://cardztv.blogspot.com/2012/07/christmas-in-july-challenge-and-another.html


7 comments:

  1. This is a really cool card. I've never tried a sunburst either. Thanks for the inspiration. I hope you stop by the challenge at www.thecricutchirp.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card honey, love the snowman! Love Hubby! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your version of the sunburst card! Very cute for winter! That snowman image is just to darling! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lindsey I really love that Christmas card and you are doing so much with the sunburst and it is amazing what you are turning out, cute little snowman, keep up the interesting projects you are creating, Lesley.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card! I don't know how you did the starburst but I love it!

    Thanks for playing along with Cardztv Christmas in July Challenge.

    mimi2trentdrew.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. very creative card Lindsey and I love the sunburst so clever the way you have matched up the stripes . I checked out the site very interesting I hope you win the challenge. love mom xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute!! Thanks so much for playing the Christmas in July Challenge at Cardz TV!
    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete