Thursday, July 26, 2012
Friends
Today I've had some more time to scrapbook, no gym today (day off) and not as many dogs to walk today so I'm pleased I could do this page, it's very hot outside too so glad I can be in the cool and share my craft space with Greg whilst he works, I do love this arrangement : )
I like the sunburst design at the moment so tried it again with a scrapbook page this time. I started with light blue card and then some lightly pattered blue paper. I found a great bargain at Michaels the other day a 12 x 12 K & Company pad full of beautiful papers for only $4.99! So that paper is from that pad. I did the same thing as I did on my card the other day and used the Cricut Craft Room to squash some triangles in George and Basic Shapes from different patterned papers then I layered them around the page in a sunburst design. I cut out my photo in a circle shape along with some blue card for matting. Then I used Art Philosophy to cut out the half banner shape at the top and did my journaling in publisher. The font was cut from Opposites Attract. I originally wanted to layer some yarn over the top of the letters. I saw this done on "Craft Wars" the other week and liked the look however I wasn't so keen when I tried it so my lovely husband had an idea to use glitter glue which looks wonderful in blue. I used K & Co stickers for the smile and life's little moments stickers and then made my own embellishment using Accent Essentials to cut out the scalloped circles, circles and flowers then layering on a banner saying from a Pebbles Inc sheet I bought as well as some buttons, a felt flower & brad and a Making Memories butterfly clip.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ooh la la...the sunburst design is great on your page! Love the mix of patterned papers you used! :)
ReplyDeleteAnother beautiful page honey! Simply effective!! Love Hubby! xoxox
ReplyDeleteLindsey you are having a ball with the sunburst design, colours are blended so well, keep up the good scraping, Lesley
ReplyDeleteA really fresh looking page Lindsey and the sunburst effect is really lovely , the glitter glue adds another dimension to the page love it mom xxx
ReplyDeleteI love the sunburst effect on your layout,it looks so dramatic.Great sunburst snowman card too!
ReplyDeleteJayne x