Saturday, August 11, 2012

Embossed card



I have decided to keep my blog, I don't have a huge amount of followers by any means but It means a lot when the people that are interested look or comment so for now I'll keep it as it's a good way to share my projects.

Greg recently bought me a lovely embossing folder he found on clearance at Joann's for only $0.97 cents!! It's really lovely (I have such a thoughtful hubby!) so I decided to make a card for my friend Melanie for her birthday coming up in November. After embossing the card I coloured in the raised parts with chalks, it looks soft and really nice. I used my Art Philosophy cartridge to cut out the scalloped circles and threaded through some nice ribbon. I stamped Happy Birthday and then used Flower Shoppe to cut out the flowers, I inked them around the sides. My second favourite part to this card is the centre of the flower. I discovered "flower soft" and saw a good tutorial video on how to use it for centres of flowers. I got a regular silver brad, put hot glue on it and then rolled it around the flower soft to create a furry looking centre of the flower, it turned out great. Hope you like my card!

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card honey! The chalked embossing is beautiful and so is the flower centre. Melanie will love it! Love Hubby!!! xoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful and sweet, I love it. I'll will put my order in now for January very very nice, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a pretty card Lindsey so delicate, I love the idea of the flower centre and you did a wonderful job of chalking in the colours on the card Melanie will treasure this. love mom xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm happy to see your blog back on Lindsey as I love seeing all your craetions and ideas love mom xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty Lindsey.I have the same embossing folder and it's one of my favourites.
    I'm glad you've decided to keep blogging.You make beautiful cards and layouts and you will get more followers,it just takes time.I found that the more challenges I played in the more followers I attracted.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete