I have been working on this page for well over a week, it's taken me a while just due to being busy and also the custom embellishment I made for the page but well worth it. Anyway this afternoon was a good day to finish it as it's too hot outside to go out (39 degrees!!) and it's a holiday here for 4th July so my hubby and I are enjoying being in the cool after walking back from the gym this morning. So about this page...I have been saving this paper for a while now, waiting for the perfect opportunity to use it and I thought a photo of us eating our Christmas Day dinner in Paris was perfect. I just love the 2 cute little reindeers. I kept the page simple as the paper is so special. I had a precut die cut in my stash which was white but the letters didn't stand out on the paper, so Greg ♥ had a good idea to color in the letters. We used red ink and sponge dauber to lightly color it red and it turned out great. I used metal letters for the title along with various embellishments from my stash. Now for the most fun part of the page the heart. This is a new technique I learned called "Stamp Casting" so clever and fun to do, I learned it from another blogger (also an Aussie) from the Doodlebug blog you can find it here. Basically it involves creating a little cast over the stamp made from tissues and Mod Podge. Once it's dry you remove the stamp and then paint it or use ink over it, whatever you like. I chose to use paint on the flowers and around the heart for mine. I'm pleased with how it turned out for a first attempt and I did enjoy being a bit artisitc with this. Hope you enjoy my page!
Thursday, July 5, 2012
Christmas Day in Paris
I have been working on this page for well over a week, it's taken me a while just due to being busy and also the custom embellishment I made for the page but well worth it. Anyway this afternoon was a good day to finish it as it's too hot outside to go out (39 degrees!!) and it's a holiday here for 4th July so my hubby and I are enjoying being in the cool after walking back from the gym this morning. So about this page...I have been saving this paper for a while now, waiting for the perfect opportunity to use it and I thought a photo of us eating our Christmas Day dinner in Paris was perfect. I just love the 2 cute little reindeers. I kept the page simple as the paper is so special. I had a precut die cut in my stash which was white but the letters didn't stand out on the paper, so Greg ♥ had a good idea to color in the letters. We used red ink and sponge dauber to lightly color it red and it turned out great. I used metal letters for the title along with various embellishments from my stash. Now for the most fun part of the page the heart. This is a new technique I learned called "Stamp Casting" so clever and fun to do, I learned it from another blogger (also an Aussie) from the Doodlebug blog you can find it here. Basically it involves creating a little cast over the stamp made from tissues and Mod Podge. Once it's dry you remove the stamp and then paint it or use ink over it, whatever you like. I chose to use paint on the flowers and around the heart for mine. I'm pleased with how it turned out for a first attempt and I did enjoy being a bit artisitc with this. Hope you enjoy my page!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Just so clever what you can do these days, I clicked on the blog and so amazing what you can do with tissue paper. Very cute reindeers, a lovely page to remember your Christmas dinner. Lesley
ReplyDeleteWow... you heart looks wonderful and I'm so glad you enjoyed the process of stamp casting. It really is a fun and unique technique. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a lovely comment. - Melinda :)
ReplyDeleteYou're so clever and creative Lindsey, I love the simplicity of the page and the special heart you created is beautiful,who would think you could make such a lovely embellishment from using tissue.The photo of you and Greg is really lovely. Well done love mom xxxx
ReplyDeleteLovely page honey, your first effort at stamp casting was terrific!! Look forward to seeing more castings in the future! Love Hubby! xoxox
ReplyDeleteDarling page! Love those reindeer! You must of meant that it was 89 degrees? 39 would be quite cold! ;) Funny that 89 sounds more reasonable than it's been here...upper 90s with humidity making it feel in the triple digits! :)
ReplyDeleteLOL..no I actually did mean 39 degrees as I talk in Celsius not Fahrenheit being from Australia so it equates to 100F I think!
ReplyDeleteLovely layout! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I really appreciate it!
ReplyDelete