Friday, July 20, 2012

Magical Aachen


This is a page I've been working on for a couple of days. It's still continuing on with our Europe winter photos from last year. This is of the Aachen Christmas market in Germany. I love the photo of me outside the Printen bakery, the window has such a lovely little scene, it really was a wonderland. I was inspired by a page I saw on a blog with buttons so I decided to put my own spin on it. I started with green cardstock and layered some red dot paper and green dot paper with a white border. I added a strip of cute gingerbread men paper and cut a wavy line. I used Art Philosophy to cut out my title with a shadow in the Cricut Craft Room and also some layered stars from the same cartridge. For the stars I grabbed my Martha Stewart glitter and put glitter in the layers on the stars. I added some brads to finish. I used a K & Co sticker on the photo and now for the best part. This was the most time consuming but well worth it. I hand sewed various buttons on as well as putting bakers twine through some of brads through some other embellishments to make the border. It tuned out quite well and It's one of my favourites from this trip. Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

  1. Magical page honey, love the buttons across the bottom! Nice glittery starts also! Love hubby! xoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Festive page! LOVE your wavy row of accents! Very cute!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this page has a real "chrissmassy" feel to it Lindsey the photo of you outside the bakery is lovely and all the goodies in the window look very tempting, the idea of threading twine through the brads is a great idea and adds something different to this lovely page. well done mom xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another lovely Christmas page, you are really on a roll now Lindsey, keep up the good work, Lesley

    ReplyDelete