Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Forever Friends



I've been working on this page for about a week now, just ran out of time! But it turned out great and I'm pleased it's finished. This is a photo of my penpal Christina from Germany. Greg and I met her and her friend Matthias in Heidelberg, Germany in December 2011. It was lovely to meet them especially Christina as I consider her a good friend. I started with mint green cardstock then used my Cricut to cut out rounded corner squares both from some black and white dot paper and some snowflakey paper. I matted the photo onto sparkly blue card and used washi tape to frame the photo. I used my George and Basic Shapes to cut out the front and welded them together in my Cricut Craft Room. I printed my journalling in Publisher and added a cute little clipart stamp. I used the postcard from George and Basic Shapes to cut out the postcard. I added a sticker and went around the font with black gel pen stitches. I also stamped around the world on the bottom right. I kept this one simple but I do love it.

5 comments:

  1. That looks very different to your usual designs, I think it may be the washi tape that makes it look so different framing the photo.
    I like the colours as well, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely elegant page Lindsey I like the way you used the washi tape and the postcard is unique such a great idea love this page your pages are`all so interesting. xxxx mom xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful page, lovely colors, and the postcard journalling is terrific!! So glad all your pages are so different. Love Hubby! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific page! How fun to have a pen pal! And get to meet her! Is that washi tape framing your photo? :) Kathy

    ReplyDelete