Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Mojo Monday #244 Contest




Hi Happy Monday, I made this card today to keep busy mainly as Greg is out at a meeting all day and I miss him as I'm so used to having him home so I decided to make this card for the Mojo Monday #244 Contest - There is a sketch to follow which is here:
http://mojomonday.blogspot.com/2012/06/mojo-monday-244-contest.html

 There is a chance to win a prize this week as it's the first Monday of the month so I thought I would have a go and see if my card is picked at Random for the prize, fingers crossed! I used a lilac card that I already had and matted some purple check paper, then black then spotty purple. I used my Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge to cut out the square, scalloped border and black scallop circle. I used my set of Market Street Stamps - Daily Grind to stamp the tea cup in pink which I cut out with a white border and also the stamped sentiment is from that set too. I used some heart stickers I had in my stash and went around the scallop circle with small dots from my white gel pen. I have just discovered Japanese Washi tape and I love it, so I found some at Michaels on the weekend and was glad I could use it on this card. I really like the black and white dot pattern. I finished with a purple paper flower and a pink brad. Thanks for looking : )

6 comments:

  1. Adorable card! Are those hearts stickers? Brads? They're cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy, they are little stickers, thanks for the nice comment! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsey that is so colourful and pretty and I have checked out the other cards and yours stands out with the bright cleanliness look.
    Hope you do well, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card honey, beautiful colors, and you got to use your new washi tape! Love hubby!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Lindsey ,I love the colours you've used and the cute little teacup.What is washi tape? good luck in the competition. love mom xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this sweet card - makes me want coffee and chocolate all at once. LOL You have such a sweet fun style, and your take on this sketch is just delightful. Great job!
    I would like to invite you to play along at Word Art Wednesday. We're having a double prize challenge this week, and would really enjoy having you play along and share some of your beautiful art with us. Our challenges are small, good chances of winning the ramdom draw. We welcome new faces, and love to see the art you make. Please check us out and play along with us!
    Blessings,
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete