Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Baby wipe spritzed flower & teabag envelope




I have been working on these off and on throughout the day and I'm really pleased with how they turned out. Greg's Aunty Margo sent me a lovely get well card about my foot and also a thank you card for the card I made her for her 80th birthday recently. Inside was a little letter too which Greg and I enjoyed. I really appreciated the card, so I decided to make her a little teabag envelope from Tags, Bags, Boxes & More 2. I bought some cute ribbon a while ago from Ebay with teapots and cupcakes on it. I left the teapot showing and then added a black scalloped circle and dot circle from Art Philosophy. I cut the teacup from Love you a Latte and used a Peachy Keen face stamp (turned out so cute!) and accented with white gel pen and chalks. I stamped a greeting in brown. The little tea bag wrappers I got off Pinterest and printed them out. For the card I was very happy with this. I saw a great video today on making flowers of our dryer sheets!! I bought some spritz glimmer spray at Michaels on Saturday and was looking forward to trying it out, then i found this video you can watch it here:

Anyway I don't use dryer sheets..full of too many nasty chemicals so my lovely husband suggested drying out a baby wipe. So I put it in the dryer for a while on the drying rack in there so they wouldn't spin around and dried it out. I then used my Cricut to cut out some flowers from cardstock in various sizes, then pinned them onto the baby wipe and cut around them using them as a template. I then took the baby wipe flowers and spritzed them with the spray. Whilst I was out walking darling Ruby today I picked up a free newspaper so I wouldn't get spray everywhere! After spritzing they went back into the dryer for a bit and I went around the edge with red glitter glue. I went into my button box and found a nice looking antiquey button (thanks mum!) and hot glued that on. I had a label sitting on my desk that had been cut from Art Philsophy a while ago and I stamped it with a greeting and a flourish. Lastly under the flower is a scalloped circle in brown which I ran through my Cuttlebug with a butterfly folder. Hope you like my card and teabag holder!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, very clever and well done, something new you haven't done before and it turned out perfect (as always)! The tea and envelop and lovely and i am sure Auntie Margo will love them! Love always Hubby! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful, creative and very clever card Lindsey.so much work and thought put into the card and the tea bag holder, you make some really lovely things Lindsey and always perfect
    and colourful. Gregs Aunty Margo will love these. Well done mom xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are both so lovely and so very cute, Lindsey you are always coming up with a new idea and the flower is just beautiful, I am sure Greg's auntie will be so moved by the thought, Lesley

    ReplyDelete