Wednesday, June 6, 2012
Love Song
I made this page this morning, glad I got it finished before we go to the gym and I go out in the sun to walk the dogs. I am so happy with how it turned out, I didn't struggle with mental block like I sometimes do. Anyway, these are of our anniversary in Mexico last October. We went to a lovely Italian restaurant at the resort and this little Mexican man came and sang to us which was so romantic. I used a cream base and put some orangey yellow as a smaller square on top of that then some tropical print patterned papers ontop of that. I wanted to pick up the orange in the photo. I had some borders in my stash that were very tropical theme. I cut the palm tree one into a banner shape. For the heart I used Art Philosophy and my lovely husband showed me how to do the journalling in Publisher so it would fit in the heart. I used the Center point feature on my Cricut to cut it just right. I went around it with white gel pen for stitching. I cut out some scalloped circles and a plain red circle and stamped Sweet Heart on it. I got a great set of stamps last week. Another lady who has a blog was selling off some of her stamps cheap and I got this set for $5 which is perfect as I love love themed stamps for things to do with Greg ♥ and I. I also cut the font from Art Philosophy. I added a chipboard yellow button and some lovely trim on top (mum sent me this a little while ago and it just fit perfectly) so I hot glue gunned that on. I was very brave and decided to use one of the stamps from the set on my photo and I'm pleased to say it came out perfectly and inside that went a small red heart sticker. Hope you like my page!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
WOW!!! Beautiful page sweetheart!! Everything first so perfectly!! Love Hubby! xoxoox
ReplyDeletea very romantic page lindsey, I love the palm tree banner and the heart stamp on the photo very barve to attempt that and it looks fantastic, I'm happy to see that the trim came in useful, the whole page is beautiful. love mom xxx
ReplyDeleteAnother very creative page Lindsey, a lot of thought has been put into this page. Love the colour theme, Lesley.
ReplyDeleteLooks like it was a lovely anniversary celebration! I love Mexican food! Fantastic page! Love your strip of palm trees and great big heart accent! :)
ReplyDelete