I made these 2 cards this morning, I was up early to have breakfast with my gorgeous Greg before his meeting call and got everything done so in order to rest my foot a bit I made these cards. I'm happy to say though my foot is feeling like it's getting better each day. We have beautiful summer weather today and all this weekend and I'm pleased to say I felt I could walk longer today before I got pain yay!!
I cut the cards out from Art Philosophy. The square one has another square a bit smaller cut out in white. Ii used strips of Washi tape to cover the card, I love the striking design. I used Art Philosophy to then cut out a scalloped circle on this piece. I then stamped directly on the card from a Doodlebug set I got ages ago in blue and then layered the Washi tape later on top. I cut flowers from Art Philosophy and layered them on foam dots with a pink gem to finish. The other one is a round scalloped card in black matted with a striped circle. I cut out a green outline heart and a white heart. The white heart I covered in strips of Washi and stamped love you in the corner from the same Doodlebug set. This card was for Greg, a little thank you for being such a wonderful man and helping me so much especially the last few months with my foot. He helped me with everything, kept my dog walking going for me, looked after me, made me smile when I was sad or frustrated with my foot and just loved me, so he deserved a Washi heart card ♥. I hope to do a scrapbook page with some Washi soon.
Both very lovely cards, I have never heard of washi tape and it looks great and colourful.
ReplyDeleteLesley
Lovely cards honey, especially the one for me, lucky boy!! Thanks washi girly! xoxoxo
ReplyDelete2 beautiful cards Lindsey, I love the effect of the washi tape, and the colours are` really lovely.
ReplyDeleteGreg's card is gorgeous and your heartfelt sentiments to Greg are beautiful he is a wonderful hubby and has done a wonderful job of keeping everything going while you have been injured.love mom xxx
These are sweet! Love the round scalloped shape card!
ReplyDelete