Tuesday, October 25, 2011

my new stamps..so cute!

Hello everyone, I'm back! I had a week on holiday in Mexico with Greg ♥ and then I was so busy last week with working with the dogs, housework, washing, gym etc so this week I think I'm going to get some time continuing working on my Christmas cards and Christmas projects so I can then scrap my Mexico pics!!

I have been really excited to try my new stamps my lovely husband gave me as an extra anniversary gift, they are the Winter Woodlands set from Taylored Expressions, they are so cute, I couldn't wait to try them. I also got some new markers too as I have never really done much stamping and colouring and after seeing a video about it I wanted to try it again. So I got a lime green card and layered it with some cocoa brown and I used a scrap of coloured snowflake paper down the left hand side.  I stamped one of the sentiments from the set down the side and used my Cricut Winter Woodland cartridge to cut out the scalloped circles in red and then green gingham. I then used the same cartridge to cut out the white circle. I then stamped the very cute little Christmas squirrel and coloured him in using my markes, I think I have the hang of blending now which is good. I used my glitter pen to give his hat some sparkle and used some glue and fine white glitter for his hat as well. I then stamped the holly on white and coloured it in and cut it out. I finished the card with some red ribbon. I am so happy with how it turned out and am excited to try more stamps in my set.


2 comments:

  1. I love the little squirrel Lindsey, and the red ribbon adds a very pretty finish to the card. xxxxmom xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsey that is so veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy cute and the card is so different with a christmas squirrel and his hat, Lesley

    ReplyDelete