Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Birdie birthday

I made this card today for my friend Melanie's birthday in November, she is a bird lover and enjoys birdwatching so I thought she would enjoy this. I got a free set of stamps from Kaisercraft and I chose the "Hey little birdie" collection which is really cute. I love birds and nature myself so I enjoyed using these. I already had the card cut out in a round shape from my "Just because cards" cartridge so I used that and put a strip of patterned paper on the bottom. I used some nice pink braid along it and then stamped the tree in cocoa chalk ink, the bird in a dark blue and the flowers in blue, pink and yellow and I cut all of these out. I coloured in the wing on the bird with my markers. I used my "Winter Woodland" cartridge to cut out the scallop in the dot paper and stamped on that.




2 comments:

  1. Lindsey, your friend will love her cute birdie card it is so pretty, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the round card Lindsey, and the "birdie" theme is lovely. mom xxxx

    ReplyDelete