Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Merry Christmas my deer friend

I hope this picture came out ok but it's dark now and I really wanted to take a picture tonight as I loved how this turned out. I made this Christmas card using the set of "Winter Woodland" stamps that Greg bought me for an extra anniversary gift. I love this set so much, its so cheerful and cute. I made this for my friend Jolanda (so I will make sure she doesn't see this!). I made a white card using my "Wild card" cartridge and then used the frame function on that cartridge to make the stripey frame. I then put some white underneath that to be snow and a snowflake background. I used my liquid applique pen to make a little bit of snow on the edge, I heated that with my heat gun and it came out all puffy : ). I stamped my gorgeous reindeer and coloured him in, I forgot how much fun colouring in is! I used my glitter pen to add a bit of glitter to his hat. I used my "Fabulous Finds" cartridge to cut out the red tags and I stamped the sentiments from the same set on those. I threaded some bakers twine through those and taped them to the back of the card. I used my "Winter Frolics" cartridge to cut out the tree and I used gemstones to decorate the tree and the tags, along with a star on top of the tree. I am really happy with how this turned out, I know Jolanda will love it!



3 comments:

  1. Lindsey I love it, there is sooooooooo many highlights to this card your friend will love it, Lesley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jolanda will be thrilled to receive this card Lindsey, it's really lovely and so much thought has gone into it. mom xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful Christmas card. And I`m sure your friend will love this one :)
    Annelen

    ReplyDelete