Friday, February 20, 2015

Shaker Easter Card for Greg

Hello from a cold Chicago, so to cheer myself up a bit I decided to make Greg's Easter card. It took me some practice to get the shaker part right, I had trouble with the sequins sticking to the foam and then sticking together but I finally got it to work and now it shakes nicely. I had heard that using baby powder on the sequins just a dusting stops the sticking together but I was not about to go out more than necessary today so I somehow just got it to work on it's own. I started with a blue card base and added layers of lemon yellow and striped paper. I added some light blue and used a Fiskars punch to punch the scalloped border. For the egg I used my Cricut Explore to cut both a frame and an egg shape and also an acetate shape, this was from Elegant Edges. The Easter Egg sequins I got ages ago I think from Michaels. The sentiment and bunny and basket stamps were from a stamp set I treated myself to recently I got them from My Favourite Things. I liked this stamp set as it had lots of sentiments so it can be used for more than just Easter. I colored these in with my colored pencils and put the images on 3D dots. I'm pleased it turned out nicely and I know Greg will love it at Easter.

3 comments:

  1. On our news last night it showed all the snow in Chicago.The card is very clever and can you buy oval sequins, Greg will like his card, Lesley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. IT'S SO CUTE . Every single thing on this is absolutely adorable. Great job and I'm glad to hear you got the shaker to work.<3Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card lindsey. The shaker part is very clever and very colorful.The oval sequins are lovely greg will love it and making something for a special person makes everything seem better. Xxx mom xxx

    ReplyDelete