Friday, April 26, 2013
San Francisco
I've been pretty busy today with gym, dog walking and then household things but I did manage to squeeze in an hour of scrapbooking. tomorow is my birthday and I'm so excited, my hubby tells me that he's going to spoil me and he's making a fabulous cake. My boy is not well with a cold at the moment yet he still wants to make my day special, I'm extremely lucky to have such a lovely husband. Anyway, luckily this page was on teh quick side to do as the paper does a lot of the work and so does the photo. This is of Greg and I and the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco. I saved this paper for this photo and I think it turned out well. I cut a tag from my Art Philosophy cartridge and did my journaling on the computer I put some ribbon through it and tied a knot. I added various stickers and buttons as well as a cute stick pin. For the You and Me embellishment I am proud to say I learned a new technique using my Watercolours. Greg bought me Watercolour pencils and blocks for Christmas and I saw a YouTube video on using them this way like an Ombre look. I bought some special watercolour paper and it worked well. I die cut a tag with my Spellbinders nestabilities then stamped You and Me on it in Versamark ink and embossed with white embossing powder and heat dry. I then used my paintbursh and watercolour blocks and painted oranges, yellows, reds and pinks on it and let it dry overnight, it turned out quite well for my first go with them. Hope you like my page!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
beautiful page honey of a lovely day in San Francisco, seeing the bridge together was a memory we will never forget, love hubby! xoxox
ReplyDeleteIt goes to show you don't need a lot of photos when the background paper does the talking for you. Lovely and bright page. Lesley
ReplyDeletelove this photo Lindsey it's perfect for this paper the embellishments you've used look great.
ReplyDelete