Friday, August 12, 2011

Cupcakes & Castles

I finished this page today, it's continuing on with our Scotland photos and this one is of our day in Edinburgh in the gardens with the Edinburgh Castle overlooking us at we ate our cupcakes. I had soem nice green and striped papers and used those for the base and then matted my photos onto some olive green. I bought a great new border punch on Saturday, It was a bargain at only $4.99 from Marshalls (normally they are about $17), so I punched borders out of grey to go along the sides. I did my journalling on the computer and had some Making Memories stickers in my stash for the little chipboard flower and saying at the top left. I cut my font out of my "Base Camp" cartridge and used my design studio to weld it all together. I put a shadow on it too to make it stand out. I finished it off with some tartan ribbon. The little cupcakes are actually buttons that are adhesive. I didn't have the right thing in my stash so we took a walk to Michaels last night and my lovely husband managed to find the perfect cupcake button (blingy too) which finish off the page nicely.






2 comments:

  1. The shading in this one is so delicate and I love the lacey border, well thought out Lindsey.
    The buttons look perfect on the cup cakes. Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the shadow effect lindsey and the cupcake buttons , you made a really good job of the punched border very effective.Love mom xxx

    ReplyDelete