Friday, August 5, 2011

Bookmark Birthday Card

My last creation of the week is going to go off with a nice finale with this lovely card. I have to say I'm quite happy with this and proud of it! I made this for my friend Conny who likes to read for her birthday coming up in October, it's like a gift and card in one (even though I will get her a gift as well!). It starts off as a trifold card, one side is scored with the bone folder and the other side is perforated with a little perforator tool that Greg got me recently (what a guy!). I used my Storybook cartridge to cut out the nice little ornate frame in black and then layered on a pretty pink mat on top of that. Then I used my "Cricut Essentials" to cut out the scalloped circles. I stamped happy birthday and added a paper flower and brad and some ribbon. The second picture shows the perforated line. I decorated the first inside layer with the same colours and also the bookmark. The second page I cut the same scalloped circles and rumaged around in my stickers and found the smile round sticker which was perfect and also the gingham ribbon. I had some very pretty chipboard letters so I used the letter "C" for her name. Then is the fun part the book mark which she can tear along the perforation and use in her reading! That is decorated in the same colours, then I stamped the saying (I found that stamp today at Michaels for only $1 what a bargain and a nice inspirational saying). I then added a dotty paper flower and brad and set and punched a half circle in the white and added an eyelet and ribbon.





2 comments:

  1. this is such a very clever card Lindsey so many different elements to it, I love the idea of the bookmark,... outstanding, I love it. xxx mom xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsey you have done very well this week with your card making and I will let you have a break over the weekend ha! ha! I like this one very much and specially with the book mark idea, Lesley

    ReplyDelete