Thursday, October 28, 2010

Ornate Christmas tree

I've got to say first that this card is a team effort with my lovely husband. I am so lucky he is here firstly to help if I need it with such fiddly work and also that he will take the time to help me and give me his opinions too..one of the reasons I love him lots ♥
So this card was cut with my "Joys of the Season" Cricut cartridge, it took a few attempts to get right and a lot of sanity trying to peel it off the cutting board without it breaking but it did and I love the look of it. Greg had a great idea to wind some tinsel around it so I went through my box of ribbons and found the ideal mini tinsel shown. I cut out some baubles on the Cricut and decorated them using gemstones and little sequins. Then the gold star was cut for the top of the tree. I then cut out the Happy Holidays saying, it was extremely fiddly and very delicate. Greg helped me ease it out and cut around with a scalpel the bits that didn't cut right through and it looks beautiful. I then finished it with a silver border which I found in my stash, I noticed the swirls on it matched the tree too. I think this is today's favourite, hope you like it too!

3 comments:

  1. Yes Lindsey, that is so special, it looks great.
    I love the lacey look. Lesley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another masterpiece honey! although anything i help with usually is!!!! LOL :-) keep up the great work, love ya lots! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is the most beautiful card yet Lindsey it's so and I can see it must have taken a lot of patience with all the fiddly bits
    was the christmas tree a cricut or a stamp, I love the fact that you and Greg worked together on this xxxxx

    ReplyDelete