Saturday, October 23, 2010

Christmas Cuppa

I saw an idea on a website today so I showed Greg and he said "you have a cup shape on your Cricut don't you?" and I said yes..so I modified my design to what was on this website and I can't take credit for all of this, my lovely husband and I put our heads together and came up with the Christmas cuppa design. I used patterned paper and ribbon firstly, then I used the "Winter Frolics" Cricut cartridge to cut out the tea cup and saucer. After assembling that I put the tea bag in and covered the little tag with my own Christmassy tag using the Cricut to cut a square and then sticking a sticker on top from my stash. I then decorated the tea cup with punched snowflakes and rhinestones. I was struggling to come up with an idea for a message on the card so we came up with the Noel sentiment from the "Christmas/Noel" cartridge. It came as a block of 4 so I cut each one our individually to make it go in a vertical line down the card. I am very very happy with this card and the lucky person who gets it will also get a nice cup of tea!

3 comments:

  1. Can you substute the tea bag with brandy, thanks. Very good card, I am going to use this idea. Love Aunty Sue x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want htis card can I have a chai tea tea bag in mine please.?
    this is so good Lindsey I think anyone who gets a christmas card like this is very lucky out of I give you 20 xxxxmom xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Lindsey.

    ReplyDelete