Friday, May 6, 2016

Anniversary card for Greg


Hello I made this teepee card for Greg's anniversary tonight, I'm trying to make sure I have all my years worth of cards done (apart from Christmas) now so when we are moving I know I've got the cards made. I have been wanting to try a teepee card for a while, I thought they would be complicated but they are really easy and I love how it's something different  and it will fold flat into an envelope. It has some velcro on it so you can fold it into the teepee shape. I cut the scalloped circles on the Cricut and used my Spellbinders circle dies to cut the regular circles out of watercolor paper. I stamped a cute Forever Friends bear on the watercolor paper and then I used my watercolor paints to color him in. I also stamped some hearts and colored those in with the paints. I used my Cricut pens to write the sentiment. I also stamped Happy Anniversary on the inside. I was really happy with this turned out. I got some watercolor pads today at a shop we have here called "Lets go Overflow" it's like a bargain shop and they had 50% off everything so I grabbed some of the watercolor paper and some other crafty items, it was fun. I also got some crafty things off mum and dad for my birthday so lots to play with, Have a nice weekend.

2 comments:

  1. That is very lovely, I made the teepee shape a couple of years back and enjoyed making it, I decorated with cut out flower stamps but I do like your idea of the disks.It looks really great, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this design lindsey it looks difficult to make.
    I really like the card you've used and the teddy.
    Greg will love it. Xxxxmomxxxx

    ReplyDelete