Hello tonight I decided to get my watercolor paints out again as I do love playing around with my paints, it's so fun and relaxing. I thought I would make a few of my Christmas cards now and the rest when we are in the house just so I know I have a few made. I am into my peel off stickers again, they were around years ago when I first started making my cards and even though they went out of vogue for a while I kept them (although I did send some to my friend Christina in Germany when we left Chicago as I didn't have the space to bring them back) but I did keep some and I'm glad I did. I can get them here though which is nice as they were non existent in America. So I found this nice set of baubles so I cut the white oval out of watercolor paper on my Cricut then a larger scalloped one in dot paper. I coloured in the baubles with the paints and I love it. I stamped the greeting in Versamark ink and then embossed with white powder and added a couple of stars. I do like this one!! Below I've just wrote a bit about starting with watercolors for cards or scrapbook layouts just for anyone who reads my blog and is interested. It really am glad I got past my fear of it and had a go because now I love it.
So below is a picture of what I use, it doesn't cost a lot to start and I'm glad I've got my tools to have a go.
So you will need some watercolor paper, I got some from Lincraft but I did find some at a shop we have here (that is closing down shortly) but I did stock up on some pads while they were 50% off. You also need paints and brushes. I started off with a palette of paints, I got mine from Spotlight but then I got some tubes too and these are my favourite. You will need a palette, again very cheap from any craft store, I got mine from Lincraft but they have them at The Reject Shop and Target. Greg (lovely husband) came up with a great idea of using a squeezy sauce bottle to get the water into the palette, it works so well and makes mixing the colors easy. The brushes can be found at craft stores but also discount stores like The Reject Shop. I got most of mine at our local discount/Variety store Prices Plus. I recycled a jar to put them in on my desk. I forgot to include it in the photo but you need some masking tape or painters tape to stick your paper to a board to keep it nice and secure whilst painting. It won't wreck the paper. The board I got from The Reject Shop it's just a dry erase board but was only $2 I think and it's perfect. Happy Watercoloring!! : )


lovely card honey, your getting good at the water coloring! love hubby! xoxox
ReplyDeleteI love your Christmas card and your technique of colouring under your stickers, they are so bright and effective, Lesley
ReplyDeleteThats a beautiful card lindsey so perfectly painted and so colourful.
ReplyDeleteThank you for putting all the information aboutwatercolour painting and the places to get supplies from i can see it all when we visit .another creative skill you have mastered well done. Xxx mom xxx