Thursday, May 19, 2016
Sympathy Card
Hello again, I got an email from my friend Alex in Chicago (I walked her dogs Benson and then Louie) today as we still keep in touch and she told me that her mum died. Her mum had a really long battle with Parkinson's Disease and Alzheimers Disease. We often used to chat about it both in notes, she would leave a note on the bench when I went to pick up the dog and I'd leave one back, a bit like penpals but we lived a 5 min walk from each other but when I'd see her in the street I would always ask how her mum was. Her mum lived in New York so she went over as often as she could. She lost her job recently too so she's had a hard time. So I made her this card and I don't like making or sending sympathy cards because it's sad but I do like how this one turned out. They are hard to make because you have to be respectful and keep the colors subtle and the images. So I stamped my image which was from Close to My Heart in Black Archival Ink onto watercolor paper and my sentiment. I then got out my paints, I love to try out my watercoloring it's relaxing and fun which is what I needed for this evening. I mixed up some purple with water and just went across in a diagnol line then I went over it again once it was dry but only in some places to give a two toned effect. My lovely husband gave me that suggestion and it was perfect. Greg loved the card and gave me some great encouragement on it and I do like it. Thanks for looking. I'll get that mailed off to Alex tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

beautiful card honey, i am sure Alex will appreciate the thoughts. love hubby! xoxox
ReplyDeleteso sad about your friends mother Lindsey. your thoughtfulness in sending this lovely card will be appreciated. xxx mom xxx
ReplyDeleteVery creative Lindsey and I am sure your friend will love it, Lesley
ReplyDelete