Thursday, April 21, 2016
Watercolor Fathers Day Card
Hello I am happy to show you a lovely card I made tonight. I've been practicing my watercolor skills I learned in my online class at Craftsy. It does take practice and my lovely husband gave me a few tips. So I made this card for Dad for Fathers Day. I mixed up some blue paints in my palette, one was a bit more concentrated than the other so I brushed over a piece of watercolor paper with the shades of blue. I used a cloud die cut to create a mask so when I painted across the piece of paper it left the cloud part white because it had the mask cloud over it. I cut two hot air balloons on the Cricut and stamped my greeting. I am loving trying out watercoloring, it's fun mixing up the paints in the palette and seeing what you can come up with. Thanks for looking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Beautiful card honey, another talent you are adding to you're long list! The theme being hot air is obviously perfect for your father as he has more of it than anyone we know! Love Hubby! xoxox
ReplyDeleteYou are rockin' the water coloring, girl! Very cute card! <3kim
ReplyDeleteAnother skill you are mastering very well and it looks really great. The colours you have used are very tasteful,
ReplyDeleteLesley
you're a perfectionist Lindsey in all you do and this card proves it .You have made a perfect card for your dad he will love it and the thought you put into it.love it mom xxxx
ReplyDelete