Tuesday, April 12, 2016
Anniversary card
Hello I've got an anniversary card today I made for Greg's mom and dad for their anniversary in November. I'm getting my cards done now because I'll be busier no doubt moving into our house around that time and studying so what better opportunity to make some cards now. My lovely friend in California Kim whom I've been blogging friends with for a while did a beautiful card with watercolors so I was really excited to try. I've always been a bit scared of watercoloring but with practice there is no need to be. I did need to practice a bit. I had some paints but not many colors so my lovely husband went to the variety shop today when he was out and got me a good little set with some nice colors in. It was so much fun and relaxing which I think coloring is. The stamp is quite an old one it's actually a wooden one I've had for ages so I stamped that on watercolor paper and then used my watercolor paints to color in the bears. I also stamped a greeting at the bottom and die cut it into a circle. I used a punch to do a border down the side and used a small heart punch as well. The flower pattern paper is from the gift I won from the UK magazine. I inked around the circle with Spun Sugar Distress Ink. I love how it turned out. I even got a free online class at Craftsy.com to learn more about watercolor techniques, which will be fun.Thanks for looking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

beautiful card honey, good to see your water coloring again! looks great! love hubby! xoxox
ReplyDeleteIt's so cute! You did a fab painting job, Lindsey <3
ReplyDeletesuch a pretty card lindsey and perfectly coloured in ,love the little "lady" bear with her cute hat. Gregs mom and dad will love this well done with the watercolours to.
ReplyDeletexxx mom xxx