Friday, January 4, 2013

Valentines card for my dear Greg


Hello everyone, Happy 2013! This is my first post in a while and the first one of the new year as Greg was on vacation from Christmas eve till yesterday so I was enjoying spending time with him over Christmas and new year so last night and today I made his Valentines Day card which I realised is only 6 weeks away! I am really happy with how my card turned out. This was the first time I have tried a pop up card so I used my Cricut Artiste Cartridge to cut out both the card and the pop up insert at 5 inches. I used red for the card and a tartan plaid for the insert. For the front I layered black and then red which I put through my Cuttlebug dots folder. I cut out another smaller square of patterned paper to go on that. I cut the heart out at 3.25 inches from Artiste from another plaid paper. I used a stamp from a set I bought from Verve Stamps last year, I saw this particular saying and I knew it would be perfect for Greg's card, I just love the saying and it's very true for me with Greg. So I stamped this on some pink and cut around it with my fancy scissors my mum and dad got me for xmas. I had a precut little banner from a sheet from Pebbles Inc that I got ages ago so I cut this out and used rub-ons for the "my valentine". I added 2 small heart buttons. For the inside I added a strip of ribbon with cute little love birds on it and used the same stamp set to stamp the greeting. I know Greg will love this card and we love Valentines Day so I'm looking forward to giving it to him!

3 comments:

  1. I love the card and specially the stand up LOVE inside, very, very nice, Lesley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Lindsey ,I really love the "pop up" "love" inside very creative, I'm pleased the little craft scissors came in handy.Greg will love his card made even more special because you made it for him. xxx mom xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww......it's too cool! Love the pop-up sentiment! :)

    ReplyDelete