Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The Next Great Baker

Hello I've got a scrapbook page for you today, this is the first chance I've had to do any this year so I was really pleased to be able to do this page. I also love this page as I absolutely love the photos in it of Greg and his fabulous Christmas cake he made this year. I got a bargain on the weekend at Michaels they had a lot of their Christmas 12 x 12 paper pads reduced and I got one from Me and My Big Ideas reduced from $19 to only $4 so I had to get that, so the green spotted paper as the base for this page is from that pack. I then cut a strip of paper from another pad I had from last year and it was perfect as the words were ideal for this page. I used my Cricut Craft Room to cut out the fancy shape from Art Philosophy in red and a smaller one in red dot. This week on Cricut Craft room they are letting you use the "Don Juan" font for free which is a really good one and has about 4 different ones so I used this to cut the title. I cut the Baker in green and the rest in a striped paper. I went through my button stash as I just knew I had the rolling pin button and knew it had to go on this page for my very talented hubby and his baking : ). I tied some green twine through that. I added a heart button, a Snowman xing button, a Santa, xmas tree and snowflakes to decorate the page so I used a good amount of my xmas buttons. I added some other tiny stickers to finish and a journaling strip.

6 comments:

  1. A really beautiful page of me! woo hoo! Love it honey thanks so much! I loved making you that special cake, next Valentines day cake! <3 xoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great with the different stages of the cake in progress. The finished project turned out magnificent and the art work of laying the page out is great also, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really great page Lindsey, That cake was so worthy of a "special" scrapbook page, and the photo of Greg is a relly nice one.I can't wait to see the Valentines day cake, How can Greg beat this cake:-) xxx mom xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lindsey,
    I still follow your blog :-). This page is wonderful!!!
    Greetings,
    Conny xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I think it's fab that you did a page for Greg's cake! So cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lindsy,love your LO.That cake is just amazing...talented hubby!
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete