Tuesday, May 1, 2012
Fathers Day card
I made this card today for my Dad for Fathers Day. I bought the little die cut glasses a while ago and wanted an idea to use them so I made this little origami shirt which is very cute. I used a blue card and blue check paper for the background. I printed Happy Fathers Day on my computer. To make the shirt is quite easy, I took a 5 x 7.5 inch piece of paper and folded it into a shirt. You can find video's on YouTube on how to do this. I cut a little pocket and put some faux stitching on it with a white gel pen and some little brass embellishments for the buttons. I slotted the glasses in the pocket as Dad puts his glasses in his pocket so I thought it was ideal, hope you like it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is so cute and the folded shirt is great and the glasses he does keep in his pocket, that is very creative. Lesley
ReplyDeleteI love the shirt Lindsey that's very clever and the glasses absolutely perfect as your dad always puts them in his pocket, the faux stitching on the pocket adds a great finish. your dads going to love this xxxx mom xxx
ReplyDeleteLovely card sweetheart, the paper you used for the shirt, looks just like an old man's shirt! Beautifully done as always. Love Hubby! xoxoxox
ReplyDeleteWow, I love this card :) You are so creative. I have to try to make this shirt one day... Hugs Annelen
ReplyDelete