Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Happy Retirement





I put this tea box on that I made for my dad a little while back but I was hoping to find something to put on the top. The tutorial I saw on it had flowers on it and I didn't think that was suitable for a male present so Greg and I were thinking and then Greg came up with a great idea as Dad enjoys gardening. He said what about fruits or vegetables, then I remembered I saw that you can make 3D fruit from a template so I found one on the internet and I think this strawberry is very cute so  it went perfect on top of the tea box full of English teatime tea! I also made a card today for Dad's retirement, I had the perfect stamps for it, I love the cute sentiment of "Say Goodbye to the Daily Grind" which is perfect. So I used that and cut out a coffee cup from Love you a Latte. I decorated with some ribbon and a gem for the coffee cup. It's all I was really able to do today as my shoulder and foot has been playing up a bit but glad I could get this done.

4 comments:

  1. They look really great Lindsey. The strawberry is perfect for enhancement. The verse on retirement is perfect also. I hope he likes them. Lesley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsey your dad will treasure these, The card is really lovely and the sentiment is perfect, very fitting.
    The tea box with the strawberry on top is a present that will be very special to your dad not just because it will contain the tea but because you made it especially for him and the effort you've put into making it. love mom xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic tea holder honey, very apt for your dad along with the card! I am sure he will love it!!! xoxox love hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful teabox, I`m sure your dad will love this gift :) I love the strawberry you used on the top of the box :)
    Annelen

    ReplyDelete