Friday, May 11, 2012

Happy Birthday Greg





I made this page tonight whilst Greg was finishing off work it was ok though as I could be in my little craft area and still be with him. We found some new black ink so I was happy as I've been waiting to scrap these photos. They are of Greg's birthday on May 3. I used some grey/blue card and spotted patterned paper. This paper actually had baby boy printed across the bottom, I trimmed that off though as Greg is not a baby boy anymore lol. The best part is I did my part for being green and I got to keep the items I used for Greg's birthday. Greg actually suggested it by incorporating parts of the day into the page so we can keep them and look back on them later on. So I used the cupcake liner off one of the cupcakes (Happy Birthday) and glued that onto some brown card. The big cupcake is also the cupcake I used for his bag that I decorated for his gifts so I managed to detach that and put that on my page along with one of the cupcake flags used on top of one of the cupcakes! For the banner across the top I used my Art Philosophy cartridge and welded parts of the banner together in the Cricut Craft Room to make it a long banner. I went through my stash and found some American Crafts star stickers I had had for ages and some cute little epoxy circle stickers so I used these for the banner and on the star near the cupcake. I am really happy I could scrap these today. Thanks for looking : )

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for such a lovely page on my Birthday honey!! Its beautiful just as the day was for me because of everything you did for me, now I will always remember every detail! Love Hubby!! xoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really beuatiful Lindsey and a real tribute to the day I love the way you have "recycled" some of the items you made for Gregs birthday I love the gorgeous smile on Gregs face he's one very special hubby' love mom xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent work and well thought out with the little trickets used for Greg's birthday. No end to what you can do. Lesley

    ReplyDelete