Friday, September 2, 2011

3D flowers using my Flower Shoppe Cartridge

Today I thought I would try out my new Cricut Flower Shoppe Cartridge, I've had this for about a month but haven't had chance to try it yet. I watched some YouTube videos on it first to see how to do it as the instructions weren't that clear that came with it. I was a bit scared at first as I thought "Hmmm hope I can do this" as they looked a bit fiddly. But I thought "Well I will just try it and keep practising till I get it!" so I cut the first one that is on the catridge at 2 inches and it forms the shape of a rose. It cuts in a strip in a swirl pattern and you just keep rolling until you get to the end and secure it with a bit of craft glue. If you want to do smaller ones you can use a quilling tool to roll it. I was so happy with how it turned out. I went in to Greg and showed him, he thought it was cool too so I just wanted to show you what it looked like.

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful cutter Lindsey, it has turned out a beautiful rose, you could glue it on a slide and wear in your hair perhaps, Lesley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's so beautiful Lindsey it looks like the perfect rose love mom xxxx

    ReplyDelete