Friday, September 23, 2011

Christmas mittens

I wanted a cute little extra gift idea for my special people and I saw this cute little mitten die from Nestabilities that would go through my Cuttlebug machine. I got it and cut some mittens out of felt. I then blanket stitched them. My lovely husband watched the YouTube video with me and helped me master it, now I have it down pat!! I really enjoyed doing the blanket stitching around them, so relaxing. I then decorated them with some felt adhesive embellishments, trim and I stitched on a little jingle bell and put in the little gifts. I'm going to try and come up with a variety of little gifts that can go in. I saw some when we were out during the day, many possiblities. For this one there is a little natural lip balm and an emery board. I'm really happy with these, so cute, I'm looking forward to doing some more!




2 comments:

  1. Good to see you Lindsey using your sewing skills, it is very cute, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Lindsey I'd like this one :-) I love the Burts Bees lip balm you now have a new talent to add to your list, sewing anyone would be thrilled to recieve one of these love mom xxxx

    ReplyDelete