Friday, September 30, 2011

Twine Wreath

I got my new issue of Papercrafts Magazine the other day, I was going to save it and take it with me to Mexico to look at by the pool but I kept seeing some of the Christmas designs on the cover and decided to look at it now, plus I am continuing to make my Christmas cards so I found an idea I liked and made it my own. They had a few ideas with twine and one was this cute wreath. I die cut a ring from my George and Basic Shapes Cricut cartridge and then wound green and white twine around it (quite therapeutic!). I then tied a Christmas bell onto it and put a tartan bow on it. I used my Cricut Wild Cards cartridge to cut out the scalloped circle card and then went back to the George and Basic Shapes cartridge to cut out a striped circle. I used my Close to my Heart Sentiments stamp set to stamp the Merry Christmas and attached the wreath to the card using craft glue.




11 comments:

  1. Lindsey this card is so lovely, I love the shape and the wreath is a pretty enhancement,Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so clever Lindsey, a beautiful Christmas card :) Annelen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty shaped Christmas card
    DIANA L.
    http://www.dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is cute, I like the wreath shape and the bell you added!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun way to use twine - very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the shape of your card!!! You really did such a great job!! What a cute idea to make it a wreath!!! I just noticed that you have my blinkie!! Thank you so much!! That is really sweet of you!! XOXO, Julie. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is sooo clever on making the twine wreath! So original! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you made this out of twine! So original! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing use of twine very clever

    ReplyDelete
  10. very beautiful Christmas card.Its green color is so inspiring.


    Plastic Cards
    Plastic card printing

    ReplyDelete