Hello I am back now after my wonderful trip to Italy, we both had such a good time it was lovely also to celebrate with Greg on our anniversary, it was the best day of the whole trip but the trip itself was wonderful, lots of great memories and photos of our time together there.
I've been able to make 2 cards today it's nice to start doing my crafts again and be in my shared craft room/office with Greg. My friend Conny and I did a "twin swap" recently which is we each make a card with a theme and then send each other the same materials to make a card with. It's fun to see how both cards will be different. Conny sent me a red card and envelope, also some snowflake background paper, a fern leaf, 2 red Christmas tree die cuts, some star die cuts, a die cut greeting and 2 snowman images that were stamped. So this is what I made, it turned out cute. Greg gave me some input and I think it turned out very cute. I colored in the snowman with pencils and then added glitter glue for the "fur" on his hat and pompom. I also cut a strip from the red card and embossed that with my swiss dots embossing folder.
Because I had an extra snowman I decided to make another card and here it is
I used a patterned card that I got in a pack from Michaels a while ago. I then got a scrap of navy blue and used my holly punch along the bottom. I stamped in Versamark ink and embossed with white powder. I colored the snowman with pencils again and added some glitter pen and added some silver snowflake stickers.
Both of these cards are going the Caring Hearts card drive, I do this each year. The cards get collected and sent to nursing homes across the U.S.A and Canada to elderly people who are lonely at Christmas or need some Christmas Cheer. I don't have any Grandparents anymore so I love to do this. I hope to get a couple more done but if I don't at least I've made these two. You can find out about the drive here.
Thanks for looking, have a nice day.
great cards for a great cause! love hubby! xoxoxo
ReplyDeleteBeautiful cards Lindsey even though the snowmen are the "same" you've made them look so different and special. The elderly people who receive them will know someone was thinking of them at Christmas a very thoughtful and kind thing to do xxx mom xxx
ReplyDeleteTwo very lovely different cards and yet the same technique. Lesley
ReplyDelete